AS the days count down until the first ball is kicked to launch the most eagerly-awaited Football League season in years, there are a number of things to keep a close eye on.
From managerial arrivals and the battle for promotion to new faces settling in at clubs and who is going to find it tough to survive, there are sub-plots galore across the Championship, League One and League Two in 2016-17.
Here are 20 questions which will hopefully be answered by the time the play-offs come around in May…
1) Will Rafael Benitez guide Newcastle to an immediate top-flight return?
2) How will Burton Albion fare on their Championship debut?
3) Is Chris Wilder the man to take Sheffield United up from League One at long last?
4) Will Championship defences be terrified of Wigan Athletic’s Will Grigg?
5) What does the campaign hold for beleaguered Aston Villa, under new management?
6) Can Rotherham United kick on under Alan Stubbs?
7) Can Brighton and Sheffield Wednesday bounce back after play-off disappointment?
8) How will newly-promoted Grimsby Town adapt to life back in the Football League?
9) Will the league meetings of AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons live up to expectation?
10) Is this the year Leeds United sustain a Championship play-off push?
11) Will Portsmouth finally make the first step on the road to recovery?
12) Was the decision to replace Kenny Jackett with Walter Zenga right for Wolves?
13) How will the fresh faces in Lancashire get on at their respective new clubs?
14) Is the legendary Jaap Stam cut out for being a Championship manager?
15) Do the likes of Ipswich Town, Birmingham and Cardiff City have enough for another top-six finish in the Championship?
16) What does the campaign have in store for Northampton Town under Rob Page in League One?
17) Are Bradford equipped for a Championship challenge on Stuart McCall’s return?
18) Can Darrell Clarke continue the remarkable Bristol Rovers revival?
19) Will Hartlepool United be able to avoid falling down the trapdoor into the National League once again?
20) Can Derby County’s talented crop fulfil their potential under Nigel Pearson?